2016 Graduate and Undergraduate Scholarship Competition
Once again, the Louisiana Speech Language Hearing Association is sponsoring a scholarship competition for both graduate and undergraduate students. Awards in the amount of $500.00 each will be given at the 2016 Annual Convention Membership Luncheon to one graduate and one undergraduate student.
The deadline for submitting applications is May 13, 2016. Please submit all applications to Dr. Holly Damico, LSHA Director for University Services, Department of Communicative Disorders, PO Box 43170, Lafayette, LA, 70504 (or by email pdf attachments to email@example.com).
In order to nominate a student, please submit the following:
• A detailed nominating letter from a faculty member addressing the criteria listed below along with a description of the applicant’s ability to represent the character, skill and spirit of the profession
• A letter from the student applicant addressing personal issues listed below and, if not presently enrolled in a graduate program, proof of acceptance for the summer or fall 2016 semester.
Each student applicant will be rated on the following:
• Overall grade point average (a copy of the transcript is not necessary, however the nominating faculty member is asked to verify GPA in his/her nominating letter)
• Financial need
• NSSHLA membership and participation
• Honors or recognition by a university or college
• Community service
• Plans, goals or objectives for professional future
Additional criteria for consideration include the following:
• Student must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in the State of Louisiana (or will be admitted for the 2016 Summer or Fall Semester/Quarter)
• Student must be majoring in the field of Speech-Language Pathology/Communication Disorders/Audiology
• Student must be a member of NSSHLA
• Student must commit to attend the LSHA Convention scheduled for June 10-11, 2016, in Lafayette, LA.